For an interesting position in a fast-growing international company, we are looking to find a skilled Backend Software Developer with profound knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Servers.
As a Software Developer, you will be working in a big team of 7 developers and a product manager and UX'ers on Mercell’s eTendering platform. The team development works autonomously and has daily stand-up meetings and retrospectives together with the product manager and the tech lead to whom you will be reporting.
Mercell's eTendering platform is used by some of the largest municipalities in the Nordics and Baltics. The team is responsible for both Mercell tender notification service, delivering tender data to suppliers in 7 different countries and for Mercell e-tendering platform serving hundreds of public buyers daily in Norway, Denmark and Finland.
You will be a fundamental part of maintaining and optimizing the platform and SQL servers as well as developing new features, thereby ensuring the continued success of the product. Furthermore, you can expect to be part of large integration projects with other developer teams across Mercell. For example, at the moment there is a pending large Authentication project with single sign-on using Auth0.
On the platform, the following technologies are used; .Net, C#, Microsoft SQL server, GIT, Redis, Elastic Search, IIS, Continuous Delivery using TeamCity. Furthermore, the team is using .NET Core and microservices on AWS to develop new components. In particular, it is expected that you have a great knowledge in Microsoft SQL servers as well as an interest in development within the mentioned technologies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- SQL Servers: Analyze, optimize and manage the SQL server as well as the related code: Percentage of work: Approximately 30-40%
- Coding and testing: Coding mainly backend. Percentage of work: approximately 30-40%
- Analysis, architecture and design: Dialogue with PO/users, architecturally design and roadmap and ensuring that solutions are scalable Percentage of work: approximately 5-10%
- Improvements: Working on improving best practice and investigating the possibility to apply new technology etc. Percentage of work: about 5-10%
- Solid experience as software developer with backend development
- Profound experience with Microsoft SQL servers and coding
- Experience using AWS is an advantage
- Experience working in a team on new development in an agile environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Danish
- Experience with eTendering is an advantage
- Strong drive and takes responsibility reaching own and team objectives
- Good humor and active participation in team meetings with a positive mindset and focus on finding solutions
- Strong communicator - you know how to articulate problems/issues and explain technical complex solutions to external stakeholders
- Self-driven and able to organize own work and projects
- Teamplayer - You want to be part of a great team and you like to be social with the team and across the organization in Odense
Start: According to agreement
Extent: Full time, Permanent
Location: Odense + Remote
04.04.2021. However, do not wait to submit your application - we will read applications and talk to potential candidates as we receive them.
What we offer
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. You will have a good opportunity to shape your role and determine your priorities. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
The Mercell core values - Growth, Curiosity, Courage and Trust - serve as a foundation for the decisions we make, how we drive our business and how we interact with our colleagues, customers and others. But they also serve as the basis for the opportunities that Mercell provides for its employees to develop and thrive in their field of work.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits (pension and insurance), flexible work hours, home office and modern offices.
Mercell is in a very exciting period and you will play an important role to enable our future development. If you are interested in building a career with a fast-growing and well-funded software company with ambitious plans, then you might be the person we are looking for!
Growth | Curiosity | Courage | Trust
Mercell Group is a leading e-tendering platform provider in the European market, and we are in a very exciting phase of further international growth supported by Viking Venture – a specialized B2B SaaS investor in the Nordic market.
Our solutions simplify the public procurement process in accordance with EU regulations and improve interaction between buyers and suppliers. With the whole of Europe as a market, we are currently over 400 enthusiastic employees represented in 13 countries and with head office in Oslo, Norway.
40.000 suppliers and buyers across Northern Europe use our system on a daily basis.
Now you know us, and we hope to get to know you and look forward to receiving your application!
Questions for this position?
Contact Senior Consultant, Kathrine Louise Christensen at +45 40104881 or firstname.lastname@example.org