Group Technical Director
PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY · Europe
Are you looking to combine a management and technical career in an international and fast growing tech company?
Our ambition is to build a best-in-class scalable tech organisation consisting of autonomous teams independently delivering value to support the Mercell vision of: becoming the preferred eTendering and procurement solution in Europe. This should be accomplished by creating a product and tech organization with a culture of trust in each other that fosters curiosity and courage as a vehicle to allow people to grow both personally and professionally.
Who are you?
We are looking for Group Technical Directors with an extensive knowledge of modern product and technology development processes, a strong and up to date technology vision and excellent people management skills.
You will together with Group Product Directors take ownership of the goals and strategy of product and technical modules and to ensure delivery according to the goals, strategy and from time to time defined priorities and business requirements. You need to see the value of iterative, goal driven and customer centric work processes, and you need to be pragmatic to combine business thinking with technology prowess
As a person you, enjoy being hands-on and a motivator for tech leads so they have the courage and trust to take on challenges and grow their skills both personally and professionally.
We seek our next true Mercellian who wants to be a part of driving cultural change throughout the organisation and facilitate fun and psychological safety, and also ensuring we attract, recruit and retain top technology talent.
Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for keeping your team future-focused and work close with tech leads, mentoring and ensuring continuous personal and technical development of them. Ensure they know what it is to be a good leader. Guide and support managers regarding team or personnel issues.
- Together with the Group Product Director to take ownership of the goals and strategy of the product and technical modules in question and to ensure delivery according to the goals, strategy and from time to time defined priorities and business requirements.
- Ensure that new product development needs are balanced with the needs to develop and maintain the technical platform in line with the Technical Strategy.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Mercell technical development process and ensure that teams are working according to the defined development process.
- Facilitating communication between teams within the business area regarding integration of their domains, and helping cross team prioritization.
- Collaborating with the Group Product and Tech Management to improve processes across the product and technology organization.
- Actively contribute in cross business area efforts with other Group Directors and the rest of the Product and Tech Management.
- Strong technical competence and at least 10 years experience from software development
- Experience with DDD strategic design
- Senior management experience preferred. Preferably from managing other managers.
- Cooperative personality with excellent relationship skills
- Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of driving change both technically and organisationally
- Fluency in English both orally and written is required
Start: According to agreement
Extent: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Flex
Location: Open for locations within the EU
We will read applications and talk to potential candidates as we receive them.
What we offer?
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. You will have a good opportunity to shape your role and determine your priorities. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
The Mercell core values - Growth, Curiosity, Courage and Trust - serve as a foundation for the decisions we make, how we drive our business and how we interact with our colleagues, customers and others. But they also serve as the basis for the opportunities that Mercell provides for its employees to develop and thrive in their field of work.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits (pension and insurance), flexible work hours, home office and modern offices.
Mercell is in a very exciting period and you will play an important role to enable our future development. If you are interested in building a career with a fast-growing and well-funded software company with ambitious plans, then you might be the person we are looking for!
Growth | Curiosity | Courage | Trust
Now you know us, and we hope to get to know you and look forward to receiving your application!
Questions for this position?
Contact CTPO, Arlid Nilsen at email@example.com