Mercell is looking for a middle or senior software engineer to join us. Mercell is the leading European eTender system and Tender Alert provider. The team you are going to be a part of is Online Sales Enablers. We develop solutions for trial, subscription, payment, and access distribution workflows.
We base our team values on autonomous teams' approach and have only a few processes we find useful. We run hypothesis-driven development, experiment, and iterate.
Who are you?
You are passionate about finding and implementing great software solutions, enjoy experiments, love coding, and have a growth mindset. It matters to you what value you bring to the end-users and that what you do will improve the product. We expect our Software Engineers to be Product Software Engineers.
We are looking for someone with the courage and experience, to be frank, and ambitious, but humble enough to listen to others and a commitment to improving the team. We want your view on how we can move faster, be more creative, and deliver tooling and ideas to empower Mercell’s products and services.
You are a self-starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent written and oral skills. You should have good interpersonal skills, as well as collaborative and communication skills.
We are 5 people in our team: Product Manager, UX Designer, Tech Lead, and 2 Senior Software Engineers.
In order to deliver the smoothest user subscription journey, we cooperate with different departments in Mercell. We closely collaborate with sales, finances, product, tech, and marketing departments.
Our team members' well-being and growth are essential for us. We strive to help everybody in the team to develop and to enjoy what they do.
Our core team values are the following:
- Strive to align with company vision
- Challenge assumptions
- Open communication and transparency, “No questions are stupid”
- Product development is a team sport
- Fail fast, learn fast
- Ruthless prioritization, build the absolute necessary
- The balance between “Doing it right” and “Getting it done”
- Always deliver quality-assured artifacts
- Simplicity over Complexity
The main architectural concepts we use are microservice architecture, event-driven architecture, and micro-frontends. We also use the following approaches and paradigms, functional programming, libraries over frameworks and testable software.
- Backend: Kotlin, Javalin, Kotlin-Query, Arrow, Hoplite, JUnit, Flyway, Auth0
- Storage, Steaming: Postgresql, Kafka
- Frontend: Typescript, React
- CI/CD: Docker, Github Actions, Terraform
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, EFK, Prometheus+Grafana
- 3+ years of professional experience in Software Engineering.
- Strong backend experience with technologies like Kotlin, C#, Python, Golang, NodeJS, etc.
- Frontend experience with SPA applications
- Kafka, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect
- DevOps (CI/CD, Clusterization frameworks, Terraform)
- Cloud technologies experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- OAuth2 experience (Auth0, AWS Cognito, etc.)
- Functional programming
- Payment, invoice integrations
- Public procurement sector domain knowledge
Start: According to agreement
Extent: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Flex
Deadline: We will read applications and talk to potential candidates as we receive them.
What we offer?
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. You will have a good opportunity to shape your role and determine your priorities. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
The Mercell core values - Growth, Curiosity, Courage and Trust - serve as a foundation for the decisions we make, how we drive our business and how we interact with our colleagues, customers and others. But they also serve as the basis for the opportunities that Mercell provides for its employees to develop and thrive in their field of work.
We also offer competitive salary and benefits (pension and insurance), flexible work hours, home office and modern offices.
Mercell is in a very exciting period and you will play an important role to enable our future development. If you are interested in building a career with a fast-growing and well-funded software company with ambitious plans, then you might be the person we are looking for!
Growth | Curiosity | Courage | Trust
Now you know us, and we hope to get to know you and look forward to receiving your application!
Questions for this position?
Contact Tech Lead, Nikita Chernenko at email@example.com