Mercell is growing fast and we are now in need of a Data Analyst for our Data Insight Team. We are looking for someone with the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious, but humble enough to listen to others, and a commitment to improving the team. This is an interim position with strong chances of becoming permanent!
The Role and Key Tasks
As a Data Analyst, you are a member of a global team of data-driven influencers, setting the standard for how data and analytics is used at HubSpot, and inspiring our product teams to action.
In this role, while you operate with a high degree of autonomy, you benefit from the support of the Product Analytics community -- sharing ideas, debating approaches, and receiving feedback to deliver more effective analyses and develop in your career.You’re not afraid to step up and help in the discipline outside of your normal expertise and excel at taking on new challenges.
Product and Engineering use multiple sources of data (user event data, NPS, and transactional data, etc) to discover what is going well for our customers, where we can improve, and what to build next. Product Analysts -- individuals with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity, and communication skills -- are at the center of these analyses and decisions; we work side-by-side with Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering leadership to inform and build better solutions for our customers.
You will be part of the Data Insights team, and our goal is to make data accessible and enable data driven decision making across Mercell. For that, we need to make sure that tracking is implemented and updated in all platforms, websites and services. We are part of the Product & Technology department, but we provide Data Insights to all departments in Mercell, being a team of Analysts embedded in teams.
We want our employees to learn and grow in their field of work. We hope that you will teach us things too and share your insight and knowledge. Together, we will build a product that makes a great difference for procurement and e-Tendering in Europe.
We are looking for someone that is comfortable engaging with both technical and non technical stakeholders to ensure that all is aligned for projects to succeed. This requires great technical skills and English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be a driving influencer on the use and application of analysis; deliver what’s needed, and show what’s possible
- Partner with product stakeholders to understand your team’s data and business needs; become an expert in translating these needs into specific analyses with actionable insights
- Conduct quantitative analysis of user behavior to uncover issues or opportunities to improve the our customers’ experience
- Inform the design and analyze the outcomes of in-app tests and experiments
- Collaborate across UX teams and business functions to infuse strategic, open ended research with quantitative insights
- Communicate insights to your stakeholders with a data-driven point of view and plan for action
Examples of common projects:
- Define (or redefine) leading indicators of success for your team. Serve as the expert for these metrics by understanding how data collection is instrumented in the product, how it flows through our ETL pipeline and is aggregated, and how metrics are defined in our analytics platform. Construct the core dashboards, visualizations and analyses to help stakeholders monitor product health and make better decisions
- Perform ad hoc analyses into user behavior to inform specific, near-term experiment designs or product decisions or longer term product strategy
- Partner with engineering and other internal operations teams to enable a high level of data integrity, consistency and clarity across cross multiple internal databases and reporting systems
- Be a voice within your teams to educate, elevate and advocate for the continual value of leveraging analytics to inform decision making
- Academic or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision making with data
- Experience working with large datasets; particularly data mining, manipulation and exploration
- Ability to write performant, complex SQL queries combining multiple sources of data
- Comfortability with data analytics and statistical tools such as R or Python
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques
- Passionate about the role of data in helping solve complex questions
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
Above and Beyond Qualifications:
- Knowledge of analytical development tools such as Amplitude, Looker, Git and dbt
- Demonstrated passion for building products that delight customers and drive their success
- Experience working at, or strong understanding of, a SaaS business.
Start: According to agreement
Extent: Full time, Interim with strong chances of becoming permanent
Working hours: Flex
Location: Europe - EU Work Visa is required
08.08.2022. However, do not wait to submit your application - we will read applications and talk to potential candidates as we receive them.
What we offer?
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. You will have a good opportunity to shape your role and determine your priorities. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
The Mercell core values - Growth, Curiosity, Courage and Trust - serve as a foundation for the decisions we make, how we drive our business and how we interact with our colleagues, customers and others. But they also serve as the basis for the opportunities that Mercell provides for its employees to develop and thrive in their field of work.
Mercell is in a very exciting period and you will play an important role to enable our future development. If you are interested in building a career with a fast-growing and well-funded software company with ambitious plans, then you might be the person we are looking for!
Growth | Curiosity | Courage | Trust
Now you know us, and we hope to get to know you and look forward to receiving your application!
Questions for this position?
Contact Alba Rodriguez Ruiz, Head of Data Insights at firstname.lastname@example.org