Tech Lead - Operations
Working at Mercell
Mercell is an industry leading software company, created in 1999, with the mission to re-imagine tendering and unlock business opportunities. Mercell makes big scale buying easy, strategic sourcing simple, and monitors the tender market for companies, so they can grow their market share. We support a diverse customer base of +30.000 buyers and suppliers across geographies, industries and sizes. It’s a great time to join us and shape the future of Mercell as we revolutionize the world of tender management.
Our culture is based on the Mercellian Spirit of continuous growth, curiosity, trust and courage. You will work in a dynamic international environment with ambitious and dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do, supported to be themselves and together create real value for the society.
We are looking for a Tech Lead for our distributed Operations team who will take a role in keeping Mercell platforms running smoothly. You will lead our operations team and have colleagues all across Europe.
Our operations and devops teams manage both our cloud-based and on-premise hosting platforms, and while this role will involve working with server and service delivery, it will have a strong emphasis on the networking aspect of both cloud, on-premise and hybrid infrastructures.
As a Tech Lead for the Operations team you will have a unique opportunity to proactively impact operational excellence at Mercell. You will lead a team that focuses on platform operations and promoting a DevOps mindset among both operations and our platform development teams.
We are looking for you who strive towards quality and you are able to guide employees with an inspiring approach. You have a can do and positive attitude, thinking outside of the box and you are not afraid to question assumptions.
You are an experienced leader and you have hands-on experience from DevOps where you were actively involved with Infrastructure-as-Code and CI/CD pipelines.
Your team will have a hands-on role in our operations department. The team manages our customer facing platforms using both on-premise and cloud infrastructure with an emphasis on the networking domain.
- Being a part of a tech management team and work closely with multiple platform development Tech Leads
- Planning and strategy collaboration in the tech management team
- Creation and enhancement of Continuous Integration automation across multiple platforms
- Creation and enhancement of Continuous Deployment automation
- Creation and enhancement of Infrastructure-as-Code
What We Need
- Extensive experience as a Manager for a tech team
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other technical colleagues
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following hypervisors (e.g. Hyper-V, VMware)
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more languages
- Good understanding of networking concepts, VPN solutions, firewall and routing technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, CI/CD Tools, automation, observability, monitoring, orchestration tools and other DevOps practices.
- Minimum an IT Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
What We Value
- Interest and passion for DevOps, and an eye for automating manual tasks using modern DevOps tools and technologies
- You are a collaborative leader and a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak your mind and stand by your decisions to reach great results
- You are curious and embrace the agility of a dynamic and growing organisation
- You see yourself as a team player who is able to manoeuvre in a complex environment and you are not afraid to act as an advisor towards employees of various subjects and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with any of the following: Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google cloud, Amazon ECS and EKS, Hands-on Terraform, Ansible etc, ELK Stack
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Flexible working hours, Hybrid remote
Location: Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki or any other Mercell location
Has this sparked your interest?
Then we can't wait to have you join our mission and looking forward to receiving your application.
We will continuously invite qualified candidates for job interviews and will close the job post as soon as we have found the right candidate for this role.
Application Deadline: 31.03.2023
What We Offer
Mercell is in a very exciting period and you will play an important role in our ambitious journey.
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. You will have a good opportunity to shape your role and determine your priorities. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
Growth | Curiosity | Courage | Trust
The Mercell core values - Growth, Curiosity, Courage and Trust - serve as a foundation for the decisions we make, how we drive our business and how we interact with our colleagues, customers and others. But they also serve as the basis for the opportunities that Mercell provides for its employees to develop and thrive in their field of work.
Our perks & benefits:
Inclusive culture where you are welcomed to be yourself
Flexible and hybrid work encouraging a work-life balance
Be a part of a collaborative team with high ambitions
Individual development opportunities
Health insurance and pension plan
Competitive salary package
Paid parental leave
Team lunch and fruits
Computer and iPhone/Android
Unlimited coffee, tea and soft drinks
Company events like Friday bars, Summer and Christmas parties and more!
(may differ per country/office)
Questions for this position?
We hope you got all your questions answered and you feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions or doubts regarding the position, please contact the hiring manager directly.
Happy to chat with you!
Albin Saks, Tech Manager
Phone: +46 70 38 23 446 or
- Technology Platform
- Multiple locations
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Mercell is the industry leading procurement marketplace that ties buyers and suppliers together.
Suppliers get easy and fast access to the full scope of tenders in the market – meaning they can generate more business. Buyers get access to the best suppliers via lean and compliant processes – meaning they will never miss a minute.
Mercell continually moves with the market needs - always evolving procurement.
Tech Lead - Operations
Loading application form
Already working at Mercell?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.