Working at Mercell
Mercell is an industry leading software company, created in 1999, with the mission to re-imagine tendering and unlock business opportunities. Mercell makes big scale buying easy, strategic sourcing simple, and monitors the tender market for companies, so they can grow their market share. We support a diverse customer base of +30.000 buyers and suppliers across geographies, industries and sizes. It’s a great time to join us and shape the future of Mercell as we revolutionize the world of tender management.
Our culture is based on the Mercellian Spirit of continuous growth, curiosity, trust and courage. You will work in a dynamic international environment with ambitious and dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do, supported to be themselves and together create real value for the society.
We are looking for a Tech Lead for one of our teams - who will take a role in keeping Mercell platforms running smoothly. You will lead one of our teams handling multiple platforms and have colleagues all across the many parts of Europe.
Our different platform group teams manage multiple platforms in close collaboration with our operations team and our development teams in India.
As a Tech Lead for a number of our platforms you will have a unique opportunity to proactively impact operational excellence. You will lead a team that focuses on maintaining our current platforms and be an important part in the collaboration with our development teams in India.
- Planning and strategy collaboration in the tech management team
- Lead a team of .NET developers to maintain the platforms
- Help setting the organization for Platform Operations
The platform groups will be responsible for:
- Architectural input for the Indian development teams
- Release management
- Monitoring of our services
- Third line / Developer support
- All development tasks containing customer data processing
- Cyber security
- ISO certifications
- Acceptance testing
What we Need
We are looking for you who strive towards quality and you are able to guide employees with an inspiring approach. You have a can do and positive attitude, thinking outside of the box and you are not afraid to question assumptions.
- Extensive professional experience in Software Engineering
- Proven people management experience
- Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other technical colleagues
- Solid experience in agile processes
- Strong backend experience with .NET Core, .NET Framework and SQL Server
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, CI/CD, automation, observability, monitoring, Docker, Github actions, TeamCity, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies experience (AWS)
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, MSMQ
- Product Development and discovery process
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What we Value
- You are a great collaborator and a reliable professional who speak your mind and stand by your decisions to reach great results
- You are an experienced .NET developer and you are able to quickly understand and prioritize the need for multiple platforms in your area of responsibilities
- You are curious and embrace the agility of a dynamic and growing organization
- You have experience with checkout, subscription management and integrations
- You have experience with search engines (Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge about public procurement sector domain
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: Full time, Permanent
Working hours: Flexible working hours, Hybrid remote
Location: Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki or any other Mercell location
Has this sparked your interest?
Then we can't wait to have you join our mission and looking forward to receiving your application.
We will continuously invite qualified candidates for job interviews and will close the job post as soon as we have found the right candidate for this role.
Application Deadline: 31.03.23
What we Offer
Mercell is in a very exciting period and you will play an important role in our ambitious journey.
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. You will have a good opportunity to shape your role and determine your priorities. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
Growth | Curiosity | Courage | Trust
The Mercell core values - Growth, Curiosity, Courage and Trust - serve as a foundation for the decisions we make, how we drive our business and how we interact with our colleagues, customers and others. But they also serve as the basis for the opportunities that Mercell provides for its employees to develop and thrive in their field of work.
Our perks & benefits:
Inclusive culture where you are welcomed to be yourself
Flexible and hybrid work encouraging a work-life balance
Be a part of a collaborative team with high ambitions
Individual development opportunities
Health insurance and pension plan
Competitive salary package
Paid parental leave
Team lunch and fruits
Computer and iPhone/Android
Unlimited coffee, tea and soft drinks
Company events like Friday bars, Summer and Christmas parties and more!
(may differ per country/office)
Questions for this position?
We hope you got all your questions answered and you feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions or doubts regarding the position, please contact the hiring manager directly.
Happy to chat with you!
Albin Saks, Tech Manager
Phone: +46 70 38 23 446 or
- Technology Platform
- Multiple locations
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Mercell is the industry leading procurement marketplace that ties buyers and suppliers together.
Suppliers get easy and fast access to the full scope of tenders in the market – meaning they can generate more business. Buyers get access to the best suppliers via lean and compliant processes – meaning they will never miss a minute.
Mercell continually moves with the market needs - always evolving procurement.
Loading application form
Already working at Mercell?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.