Working at Mercell
Mercell is an industry leading software company, created in 1999, with the mission to re-imagine tendering and unlock business opportunities. Mercell makes big scale buying easy, strategic sourcing simple, and monitors the tender market for companies, so they can grow their market share. We support a diverse customer base of +30.000 buyers and suppliers across geographies, industries and sizes. It’s a great time to join us and shape the future of Mercell as we revolutionize the world of tender management.
Our culture is based on the Mercellian Spirit of continuous growth, curiosity, trust and courage. You will work in a dynamic international environment with ambitious and dedicated colleagues who are passionate about what they do, supported to be themselves and together create real value for the society.
Join Mercell and take on a pivotal role as the Team Lead Technical Support. In our dynamic environment, you'll be at the forefront of resolving complex technical issues, acting as the crucial link between 1st line support and our Tech department. Your leadership will be instrumental in maintaining operational efficiency, fostering collaboration, and nurturing customer loyalty.
At Mercell, we're on a growth journey, and you'll be instrumental in serving all our existing products while simultaneously building the knowledge, structure, and capacity of the 2nd line team. Your efforts will prepare us to excel in supporting our future procurement platform.
As a member of the Customer Service & Support management team, your collaboration and drive for improvement will be central to our department's success. Join us in shaping Mercell's future and delivering high-quality customer service.
We see the following qualities as important to thrive and evolve in this role:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Communication and building relationships
- Customer centric approach
- Efficient problem solver, able to balance proactive and reactive work
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills by inspiring and motivating team members.
- Provide clear direction, measure success, and coach employees for growth within Mercell.
- Effectively manage time to ensure efficiency and prioritize issues based on importance and urgency.
- Drive continuous improvements through change management initiatives.
- Skillfully manage stakeholders by identifying, involving, and engaging colleagues affected by team activities.
- Ensure efficient handling and high-quality resolution of technical issues with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Equip team members with the necessary knowledge, tools, access, and processes for advanced technical support.
- Facilitate troubleshooting, bug fixing, establishing workarounds, and escalating issues as needed.
- Develop and maintain internal documentation and guides to support team operations.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Establish and maintain effective processes and workflows within the team.
- Foster close collaboration with other Customer Office teams, Triage team, Development teams, and Product teams.
- Coordinate mass communication efforts for critical functionality issues, including internal and external distribution of announcements, in collaboration with Customer Office team members.
- Strong experience (ideally 5+ years) from a role in 2nd line customer support/service as Team Lead or similar, preferably in a tech or SaaS company.
- Strong leadership experience, demonstrating your ability to lead and inspire teams to achieve excellence.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, enabling effective communication and collaboration.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, enabling effective communication and collaboration in a global environment.
- Atlassian knowledge, providing valuable insights into optimizing team workflows and processes.
- Basic understanding of code, enhancing your ability to troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Basic knowledge about procurement, offering valuable context for supporting Mercell's procurement platform.
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: Full time/ Permanent
Working hours: Hybrid remote
Location: May be based where Mercell has a legal entity such as Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Denmark and Finland.
Has this sparked your interest?
Then we can't wait to have you join our mission and looking forward to receiving your application.
We will continuously invite qualified candidates for job interviews and will close the job post as soon as we have found the right candidate for this role.
Application Deadline: 10.03.2024 However, do not wait to submit your application - we will read applications and talk to potential candidates as we receive them.
What we Offer
Mercell is in a very exciting period and you will play an important role in our ambitious journey.
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. You will have a good opportunity to shape your role and determine your priorities. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
Growth | Curiosity | Courage | Trust
The Mercell core values - Growth, Curiosity, Courage and Trust - serve as a foundation for the decisions we make, how we drive our business and how we interact with our colleagues, customers and others. But they also serve as the basis for the opportunities that Mercell provides for its employees to develop and thrive in their field of work.
Our perks & benefits:
Inclusive culture where you are welcomed to be yourself
Flexible and hybrid work encouraging a work-life balance
Be a part of a collaborative team with high ambitions
Individual development opportunities
Health insurance and pension plan
Competitive salary package
Paid parental leave
Team lunch and fruits
Computer and iPhone/Android
Unlimited coffee, tea and soft drinks
Company events like Friday bars, Summer and Christmas parties and more!
(may differ per country/office)
Questions for this position?
We hope you got all your questions answered and you feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions or doubts regarding the position, please contact the hiring manager directly.
Happy to chat with you!
Line Tonna, Group Director Customer Service & Support
Phone: +47 93426800
We may carry out background checks on applicants to verify information that appears on CVs and other documentation. This background check is carried out by an external party and is not carried out without the consent of the applicant. Current applicants will receive further information about this.