Who are you?
You are a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak your mind and stand by your decisions. You should be familiar with risk management and our industry’s standards. You know how to allow compliance to be pragmatic and real for the business and at the same time you ensure that the company makes an honest effort to be compliant.
You can efficiently communicate and thoroughly describe what is needed for the group leadership team so that policies are swiftly implemented with the correct authority within the organization. You are an expert at identifying and assessing risks and know how to follow up on tasks in order to ensure that we follow through in all parts of the organisation.
You can differentiate processes that create or detract value for the organization, knowing how to move forward when it is necessary to do so.
If you see that something is not working as efficiently as it could be, or there is a lack of policies or routines in areas where it is necessary, your focus is to engage with the organization and work on resolving the problems with both short-term and long-term solutions.
What do we want to achieve?
Mercell has acquired multiple companies and has now offices in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, the Baltic countries, the UK and the Netherlands. There is an increased need to develop overarching policies and routines to help ensure we remain compliant with national and international law, as well as internal policies. This work is business-critical and consequential for staying competitive in the market.
In this position you will become an essential piece of the puzzle, ensuring that Mercell becomes a trusted partner for companies across Scandinavia and Europe.
What can we offer?
You will have a strong presence and a great impact on how work is performed on a day-to-day basis. We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
Mercell has been steadily growing since its conception, escalating immensely this past year. Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organisation.
The office is located at Helsfyr in Oslo, seven minutes by subway from Oslo Central Station.
Duties and responsibilities
- You report to the CFO of the Mercell group
- Facilitate group-wide and local risk assessment for fraud and corruption risks.
- Develop group-wide governing documents for anti-fraud, anti-corruption, information security and ethical guidelines.
- Be the main driver for all compliance processes within the group, including GDPR, ISO 27001, anti-corruption and anti-fraud processes.
- Be our main interpreter of legal documents, access relevant expertise to understand these and the consequences for the company and the business.
- Communicate the content of processes effectively within the organisation by presenting, training and communicating with people.
- Help the organisation to make our processes an asset instead of a hindrance in our daily work.
- Educate employees. Develop and manage an effective compliance program.
- Advise management on possible risks
Master’s degree or equivalent in Law, Finance, Business Management, Information Technology, or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable.
You should have 5+ years working experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Public procurement
- Information security
- Corruption & fraud