Mercell is looking for a talented Solution Architect to join our team.
You will work closely with developers and programmers, although your role will be to guide high-level decisions throughout the process.
The focus will be on increasing the developers' productivity. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Mercell is a great place to grow your career.
You will face major professional challenges and opportunities to design key IT solutions and products in a growing and evolving company.
Who are you?
You are passionate about finding and implementing great software solutions.
With your seniority you’ll gather the requirements of new features, finding possible solutions together with both product and development teams and helping implementing it.
We’re looking for someone with the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious, but humble enough to listen to others, and a commitment to improving the team.
We want your view on how we can move faster, be more creative and deliver tooling and ideas to empower Mercell’s products and services.
You are a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent written and oral skills.
You should have good interpersonal skills, as well as collaborative and communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities
Experience in relevant areas to the role is a merit, but not a prerequisite:
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine software requirements
- Key areas: performance, security, quality assurance and continuous deployment
- Help automate and modernize our platform and way of working
- Deliver on department goals to ensure stable deliveries
- Implementation of smaller projects as technical delivery manager and / or participation in projects.
- Together with the product teams, you will have the technical responsibility for the application architecture and continuously improving this over time.
- Together with the teams, are responsible for the life cycle of the applications.
- Develop the new products with a changing architecture.
- Help bring solutions to our new platform, which is based on, among other things, micro services, Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Important keywords will be performance, CI / CD, QA, security, DDD and clean code.
- Develop solutions for the data platform.
- Establish short feedback loops with our developers and continuously deliver user value for our product teams.
Master’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Software Engineering, or any other related fields. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable.
What do we want to achieve?
Mercell has acquired multiple companies and now has offices in Oslo, Copenhagen, Odense, Stockholm and Tallinn.
In this position you will become an essential piece of the puzzle, ensuring that Mercell becomes a trusted partner for companies across Scandinavia and Europe.
What can we offer?
You will have a strong presence and a great impact on how our products and services will be developed on both, short- and long-term basis.
We are the challengers in our market doing what no one has done before.
We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
Mercell has been steadily growing since its conception, escalating immensely this past year. Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organisation.
Moreover, We offer a competitive compensation package to our employees.
We are located in our brand new office in Oslo, but we are flexible regarding your location and preferences regarding remote working.
About Mercell Group
Mercell Group is a leading e-tendering platform provider in the European market, and we are in a very exciting phase of further international growth supported by Viking Venture – a specialized B2B SaaS investor in the Nordic market. Our solutions simplify the public procurement process in accordance with EU regulations and improve interaction between buyers and suppliers. With the whole of Europe as market, we are currently 200 enthusiastic employees represented in 9 countries and with head office in Oslo, Norway. 40.000 suppliers and buyers across Northern Europe use our system on a daily basis.