Mercell is looking for senior developers to join our team. Mercell will build in-house product teams to establish and implement new products in the company's portfolio. If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Mercell is a great place to grow your career.
You will face major professional challenges and opportunities to design key IT solutions and products in a growing and evolving company.
Who are you?
You are passionate about finding and implementing great software solutions, love coding and have a growth mindset.
With your seniority you’ll help designing and implementing key features of our new platform as well as mentoring and coaching team members in our team.
We’re looking for someone with the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious, but humble enough to listen to others, and a commitment to improving the team.
We want your view on how we can move faster, be more creative and deliver tooling and ideas to empower Mercell’s products and services.
You are a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent written and oral skills.
You should have good interpersonal skills, as well as collaborative and communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities
Experience in relevant areas to the role is a merit, but not a prerequisite:
- Key areas: software development, system design, micro services and continuous deployment
- You have 4+ years of professional experience in Software Development.
- Help automate and modernize our platform and way of working
- Deliver on department goals to ensure stable deliveries
- Consistent velocity, and ability to deliver on its estimates
- Develop the new products with a changing architecture.
- Help bring solutions to our new platform, which is based on, among other things, micro services, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Serverless, AWS Lambda, Relational and NoSQL databases, Docker and of course we work agile and with DevOps.
- You need experience with backend development with technologies like Kotlin, Python, Golang and NodeJS.
- You have also have good system design and problem solving skills as well as positive attitude to new challenges and opportunities.
- Important keywords will be performance, CI / CD, QA, security, DDD and clean code.
- Work in short feedback loops and continuously deliver user value.
Master’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Software Engineering, or any other related fields. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable.
What do we want to achieve?
Mercell has acquired multiple companies and now has offices in Oslo, Copenhagen, Odense, Stockholm and Tallinn.
In this position you will become an essential piece of the puzzle, ensuring that Mercell becomes a trusted partner for companies across Scandinavia and Europe.
What can we offer?
You will have a strong presence and a great impact on how our products and services will be developed on both, short- and long-term basis.
We are the challengers in our market doing what no one has done before.
We look at what you deliver, not how you work or how many hours you spend on each task.
Mercell has been steadily growing since its conception, escalating immensely this past year. Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organisation.
Moreover, We offer a competitive compensation package to our employees.
We are located in our brand new office in Oslo, but we are flexible regarding your location and preferences regarding remote working.
About Mercell Group
Mercell Group is a leading e-tendering platform provider in the European market, and we are in a very exciting phase of further international growth supported by Viking Venture – a specialized B2B SaaS investor in the Nordic market. Our solutions simplify the public procurement process in accordance with EU regulations and improve interaction between buyers and suppliers. With the whole of Europe as market, we are currently 200 enthusiastic employees represented in 9 countries and with head office in Oslo, Norway. 40.000 suppliers and buyers across Northern Europe use our system on a daily basis.