Mercell Group is a leading e-tendering and procurement platform provider in the European market. Our platforms simplify the public procurement process in accordance with EU regulations and improve the interaction between buyers and suppliers.
The Mercell Group consists currently of 330 enthusiastic employees represented in 10 countries and with our Head Office in Oslo, Norway. Our tender (pre-award) services are delivered by the Mercell, EU Supply, Ethics and Udbudsvagten platforms. We are rapidly expanding and have during the last months included post-award platforms to our product portfolio with the acquisition of Aksess Innkjøp in Norway, and TrueLink, Tricom and Comcare in Denmark. Altogether, more than 40.000 suppliers and buyers across Northern Europe use Mercell’s platforms on a daily basis.
In July, the group got listed at the Merkur Market at the Oslo Stock Exchange, raising capital for further growth, underpinned by our values - growth, curiosity, courage and trust. To scale the organization for this journey, we need to continuously develop our organization, our employees and our structural capital.
In this context we are expanding our Security, Risk and Compliance team with a GDPR expert. GDPR compliance is a key component in our work with security, risk and compliance in general, and critical to being a trusted partner for European companies in both the public and private sector.
Who are you?
You are a GDPR specialist motivated by the opportunity to build a corporate framework and centralized function managing the GDPR processes, in an international SaaS-company with entrepreneural spirit.
You should have at least four years relevant working experience, and:
- Profound knowledge of the GDPR requirements
- Experience in development and implementation of framework, i.e. policies, procedures and processes
- Experience from project management and use of system support for GDPR and/or project management
- Competence in contract law will be an advantage
- Professional command of English and one of the Scandinavian languages
You are curious by nature and embrace the challenges of a dynamic and growing organization. Your courage is rooted in integrity and a true understanding of how to build trust, and manifest itself in good communication skills and ability to convert regulatory requirements into operational practice. You see yourself as a team player and enjoy working with colleagues across country borders.
What can we offer?
Mercell continuously provides great opportunities for growth within the organization. In addition to a designated responsibility for our group wide GDPR framework, the right candidate be a central part of Mercell’s “Security, Risk and Compliance”-team and work closely with our subsidiaries. You will play a key role in integration of new entities and building “the Mercellian culture” across the organisation.
We offer competitive salary and benefits (pension and insurance), flexible work hours, home office, and work office at new and modern premises at Skøyen in Oslo. Work place may also be in Copenhagen.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will drive the further development and establishment of a centralized GDPR function, covering:
- Development and implementation of group wide framework for GDPR, covering assessment of data protection risks, data processing protocols and agreements, communication and training initatives etc.
- Support and guide the subsidiaries and group functions in effective implementing of the GDPR framework, through advice and communication, presentations and training
- Pro-actively conduct data protection impact assessments in relation to the Group's processes, projects and products
- Keep updated on emerging regulations, tools and technologies
- Handling of requests and dialogue with customers on GDPR-matters
- Handling of certification and attestation processes by third parties (ISO 27701, ISAE 3000)
- Incident handling and reporting related to GDPR
- Contribute in integration of new, acquired companies
- Annual planning and execution of GDPR-related activities as part of the Mercell’s Group compliance program.
You will report to the Head of Security, Risk and Compliance / Group Compliance Manager of the Mercell Group. Some travel must be expected.
Master’s degree or equivalent in Law, Information Technology, Business or any other related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience and certifications is also acceptable.
Please call Group Compliance Manager Janne Britt Saltkjel, at +47 99 120 195 if you want to know more.
Deadline for applying for this position is October 25, 2020.